Wednesday, March 14, 2018

The Denim Shirt

Hello Refashion Co-op. I thought the weather was going to warm up so I made a short sleeved shirt. (It isn't warmer, it is freezing where I live. I was freezing the day I wore this shirt.) I really like how the shirt turned out though. I am going to wait for a warmer day to wear it again.


This denim shirt was great, but the fit was awful. I knew just what I wanted to do.


I made the sleeves shorter and reattached the wrist cuff pieces back on the short sleeves. (Is there a real name for the wrist cuffs?) The result was a sort of puffy short sleeve with a fitted cuff on the end. I also made the shirt a little more fitted in the body.


I wanted a belt or sash to tie around the waist. I used these old jeans and cut 2 long pieces. I connected them and I had my belt.


 I liked how the belt cinched in the waist. The jeans had a little stretch in them so they made a REALLY comfortable belt.


I went out for a cup of coffee and that was it. Thanks for reading, For more details and pictures go to I Can Work With That.

1 comment:

whatthesew said...

I see loads of these big denim shirts around, stylish refashion.