Thursday, July 27, 2017

The Red Romper

Hello Refashion Co-op. I thought this was a simple shapeless knit tunic or mini-dress, until I put it on.


It felt weird and bulky. There were shorts under there. (It is too hot for double layers.)I changed my dress refashion idea into a romper idea. 


I used the waist seam as a guide to cut off the skirt. It's a knit, so there was no fraying to worry about. I used thin elastic to draw the waist in a little. I just attached the elastic to the waist seam on the inside. 
I probably didn't need the elastic because I cut the bottom edge off the skirt piece and used it as a belt. 


It is still soft and comfortable but it is less bulky around the hips now. Perfect summer wear.


Thanks for reading, for more details and pictures go to I Can Work With That.

3 comments:

RanchHouse said...

Love this. Many years ago, I made two summer rombers. They were great for quick casual errands or home wear during the hot summer. I dont have any now but you sure gave an idea.
Your original dress would have been great for swing on the monkey bars- shorts included. If that was on your activity list.

I Can Work With That said...

Haha, it would have been great for the monkey bars. Hahaha!
Chickie

TheRefashStash said...

What a great romper! Looks pretty simple and cute! I wanna try!

-TheRefashStash